- Rick Bartow (Mad River Band Wiyot and Yurok, birth 1946)
- There is Running by One, Kucala Likhahl, 2007
- Ink, gouache, paper
- Northern California, United States
- H: 15 7/8 in, W: 22 1/8 in (H: 40.3 cm, W: 56.2 cm)
- Gift of James and Margie Krebs, 2008
LL in graphite '[artist signature] 07'; Verso, LR in graphite 'there is running by one/Kucala Likhahl'; verso LL in graphite 'FG 1799'
This image depicts four white figures against a solid green background. Each figure is depicted with loose brush strokes, having few discernable details but imparting a feeling of movement. Three of the four figures wear a round blue mask with almond shaped eye openings. One mask has a red paint mark, possibly denoting a feather at the top. The third figure from the left has no mask, but a round red nose and two round white eyes. All of the figures are accented by geometric forms and shading in green, red, and white. The outline of a red circle sits at the hip of the second figure from the left. A horizontal orange bar cuts across the lower right edge of the page.
Froelick Gallery | Rick Bartow