On View Seamans Gallery, level 2
- John Christian Rauschner (American, birth 1760)
- Portrait of the Lang Family, 1810
- Wax, pigment, textile, wood
- Salem, Massachusetts, United States
- L: 19 1/2 in, W: 16 1/2 in (L: 49.5 cm, W: 41.9 cm)
- Gift of the estate of Harriet P. Gladding, 1993
In the middle of the portraits: "Lang/1810"
This is a framed group portrait, in wax bas-relief, of the Lang family: Nathaniel Lang (1757-1824), Nathaniel Lang Jr. (1780-1851), his wife Dolly (1784-1867), Hannah Lang (1782-1845), and Daniel Lang (1784-1826). The individual half-length profiles of the members of the family circle the inscription "Lang/1810." The women have their dark hair up and wear white dresses with high collars while the men have long sideburns and wear black or brown coats with white high collared shirts.
- American Decorative Arts exhibition, Peabody Essex Museum; June 03, 2003 through Present