On View Seamans Gallery, level 2
- Karl Griesbaum, Designer (German); Tiffany and Co., retailer (New York and New York, 1837)
- Singing bird box, about 1910
- Gilt brass, feather, wire
- H: 1 3/4 in, W: 4 3/16 in, D: 2 11/16 in (H: 4.4 cm, W: 10.6 cm, D: 6.8 cm)
- Gift of Leo Sandel in memory of his wife Marion Sandel, 2009
"MADE IN GERMANY" mark at top edge of underside, tarnished; "Tiffany & Co." marked at the center of underside.
This is a rectangular box with an oval cover that reveals a red-feathered bird that sings/chirps when opened by a button on the right front of the box. The box has an ornate raised pattern overall. There is a separate handle for winding that is inserted into the underside of the box.