On View Chinese Export Art Gallery, level 2
- Figure, about 1802
- Unfired clay, paint, steel
- H: 65.00 cm, W: 32.20 cm, D: 24.50 cm (H: 25.6 in, W: 12.7 in, D: 9.6 in)
- Gift of Capt. Richard Wheatland, 1803
Seated figure of Chinese Mandarin man dressed in light blue jacket with gold sunbursts and balck had with dark red top, blue button on brass mount. White divided skirt edged with vertical lines and ornamented in gold, green, blue, and red. The figure has a moveable head. The pair to this figure is ID number E7098, a female figure.
- Samuel McIntire, Carving an American Style, Peabody Essex Museum, Salem, MA.; October 13, 2007 through February 24, 2008
- Odyssey: A Journey into World Art, Peabody Essex Museum, Salem, MA.; October 16, 1999 through January 11, 2001