- Richard Glazer Danay (Kahnawake Mohawk (Caughnawaga), birth 1942)
- Sky Blue Deer With Buffalo, 1988
- Mixed media, enamel, plastic, paper
- H: 18 in, W: 24 in (H: 45.7 cm, W: 61.0 cm)
- Gift of Richard Glazer Danay, 2011
Signed at verso: "SKY BLUE DEER WITH BUFFALO / PICTOGRAPH NO. 21 / ENAMEL / MIXED MEDIA / DANAY. 2 - 88". Also signed at front CR "DANAY"
This is a mixed media collage by Kahnawake artist Richard Glazer-Danay. On the right hand side, two deer figures seemingly float toward the center of piece, against a dark and light blue background. Along the lower half of the piece are stamped moose and along the white strips across the top portion are stamped bald eagles. Throughout the right side are dotted and solid geometric patterns and swirls. At the bottom of the right side is a light blue plastic deer toy. The left side of the painting is black with dotted white geometric, angular lines pointing to or bisecting a white dotted outline of a buffalo skull.
Peabody Essex Museum