- Harry Fonseca (Southern Maidu, Hawaiian and Portuguese, 1946-2006)
- Watermelon (Koshare) #2, 1980s
- Ink on paper
- California, United States
- H: 16 in, W: 12 in (H: 40.6 cm, W: 30.5 cm)
- Gift of Katrina M. Carye, 2011
Signed bottom right "Fonseca" in pencil.
This is a silkscreen print depicting two coyote figures both dressed as Koshare clowns wearing black and white striped outfits sitting on a rock. The smaller coyote has on a black breechcloth and is holding a cedar sprig in his right paw. The larger coyote is holding a watermelon. Both are wearing cedar sprig necklaces and Koshare hats.
Estate of Harry Fonseca