- Plains artist
- Needle case, 19th century
- Leather, glass, quill, feather
- Great Plains, United States
- L: 25 3/8 in, dia.: 1 in (L: 64.5 cm, dia.: 2.5 cm)
- Gift of Dr. Charles Goddard Weld, 1909
This is a tubular shaped needle case, made with leather and decorated with glass beadwork. The object has a green beaded cap and two broad bands of white, separated and ended by red and blue. There is a long quill wrapped thong at the bottom, terminating with a tuft of feathers. There is a wrist thong at the top.