- Wabenaki (Abenaki), possibly Maliseet or Passamaquoddy artist
- Model canoe, 18th century
- Birchbark, wood, pigment
- Northeastern Maine, United States and New Brunswick, Canada, Canadian Maritimes
- D: 6 1/2 in, L: 39 1/4 in, W: 7 1/4 in (D: 16.5 cm)
- Gift of Captain John Collins, 1803
This is a birch bark canoe model. The aprons are decorated with yellow, black and red paint. Three thwarts are painted red. The top rail is also painted red. There is one paddle included with the model.
- Uncommon Legacies: Native American Art from the Peabody Essex Museum, Washington State Historical Society; October 11, 2005 through February 09, 2006