- Kahnawake Mohawk (Caughnawaga) artist
- Pouch, before 1912
- Wool, cotton, silk, glass
- Saint Lawrence River, Quebec, Canada
- L: 7 in, W: 5 3/8 in (L: 17.8 cm, W: 13.7 cm)
- Gift of Miss Sarah F. Kittredge, 1912
This is a decoratively beaded pouch made with black velvet and trimmed around the edge with red cloth. There is a silk trim around the opening. There are two flaps, one on each side, but the opening is in the top. The bag is lined with white cotton cloth. The pouch is ornamented with circular and tubular glass beads in floral patterns. There was originally a blue cloth handle but this is now missing. The lower edge of the pouch is ornamented with transparent and pink bead loops in a buttonhole stitch.