- Native California artist
- Cradle, late 19th-early 20th century
- Wood, cotton, abalone, glass
- California, United States
- H: 17 3/8 in, W: 9 1/2 in, D: 8 1/2 in (H: 44.1 cm, W: 24.1 cm, D: 21.6 cm)
- Gift of Mrs. Charles Mifflin Hammond, 1916
This is a cradle baby carrier, open on one end and attached to a wooden circular form at the opening. The object is made from naturally colored plant stems bound with plaited dark brown cotton fiber. Eight abalone shell beads are attached around the open end. Two dark blue-green glass beads hang on loops of small white beads at the open end.