- Algonquin (Algonkin) artist
- Moccasin vamp, before 1929
- Wool, glass, paperboard
- Northeastern United States and Southeastern Canada
- L: 4 5/8 in, W: 3 1/2 in (L: 11.7 cm, W: 8.9 cm)
- Gift of Mrs. Charles F. Newell, 1929
This is a pair of beaded, wool vamps for moccasins. A layer of leather or paperboard is sandwiched between brown wool fabric on the top and red wool fabric on the bottom. The vamp is trimmed around the edge with a button hole stitch of white glass beads. There is a floral design in green, yellow, gold, red, pink, clear, white, dark blue and light blue glass beads on the vamp. The decorative pattern is bordered with two rows of white beads. Many beads are missing throughout both of the vamps.