- Algonquin (Algonkin) artist
- Box, before 1937
- Birchbark, plant material
- Northeastern United States and Southeastern Canada
- L: 4 in, W: 4 in, D: 4 1/2 in (L: 10.2 cm, W: 10.2 cm, D: 11.4 cm)
- Gift of Dr. Frank G. Speck, 1937
This is a covered birch bark container with a square base and a round opening. The brown inner surface of the bark faces the outside. It tapers to a round mouth with a cover fitting by an inside collar. It is stitched on two opposite ends. An extra piece of bark forms the floor inside.