- Kahnawake Mohawk (Caughnawaga) artist
- Pair of moccasins, before 1950
- Leather, cotton, velvet, glass
- Saint Lawrence River, Quebec, Canada
- L: 6 1/2 in, W: 2 1/2 in, D: 2 3/4 in (L: 16.5 cm, W: 6.3 cm, D: 7.0 cm)
- Gift of Mr. and Mrs. Willard C. Cousins, 1950
This is a pair of tanned, brown, moose hide moccasins decorated with glass beadwork. The moccasins are lined with blue cotton cloth. They have a cuff of very dark brown velvet, and an upper edge trimmed with red cotton cloth. The vamp and the cuff are ornamented with floral designs in varicolored glass beadwork. The color of the beads are green, white, clear glass, red, yellow, lavender, and light and dark blue.