- Tsitsistas (Cheyenne) artist
- Rattle, 19th century
- Deer hoof, wool, wood
- Great Plains, United States
- L: 10 in, W: 3 7/8 in, D: 1 in (L: 25.4 cm, W: 9.8 cm, D: 2.5 cm)
- Gift of Mr. Albert Fowler, 1951
This is a rattle made from deer hooves. The rattle is made from a wooden stick covered with woven cloth, wrapped in fiber, and bound with sixteen deer hooves attached at either end.
- Gifts of the Spirit: Works by Nineteenth-Century & Contemporary Native American Artists, Peabody Essex Museum, Salem, MA.; November 14, 1996 through May 18, 1997