- Dan V. Lomahaftewa (Hopi and Choctaw, 1951-2005)
- Abstract Elk, 1999
- Ink on paper
- Santa Fe, New Mexico, United States
- H: 15 1/2 in, W: 19 5/8 in
- Gift from James and Margie Krebs Collection of Native American Art, 2001
Inscribed, face, in graphite [artist's signature].
This is an ink wash on paper monotype. The image is abstract consisting primarily of blueish-gray and orange swirls on a white paper background. Black linear designs are included in the center.
- Power and Beauty: A New Native American Art Gallery at the Peabody Essex Museum, Peabody Essex Museum; 2003 through 2005