- Dennis Hathale (Diné (Navajo))
- Sand Dune Monster - Day, late 20th century
- Acrylic and mixed media on linen
- New Mexico, United States
- H: 22 1/2 in, W: 31 5/8 in
- Gift of James and Margie Krebs, 2008
A figure stands in the foreground, with both arms extended upwards and stretched to the left. Above the figure, a rainbow of red, white, orange, and light and dark blue, arches across the sky. Two white cross shapes hover above the arms. The figure has a sand-colored body which is outlined entirely with red. White lines are used to depict fingers. It wears a light blue, multi-strand necklace and matching long blue earrings in each ear. The figure stands in front of a white, mountainous landscape. The sky is also a sand color. The entire image is outlined in red.
Peabody Essex Museum