- Probably Haida artist
- Spoon, mid-late 19th century
- Horn, metal
- British Columbia, Northwest Coast, Canada
- L: 10 3/8 in, W: 2 5/8 in, D: 2 3/4 in (L: 26.4 cm, W: 6.7 cm, D: 7.0 cm)
- Gift of the Smithsonian Institution, 1884
This is a horn spoon with a bowl and decoratively carved handle nailed together with small metal nails. The carvings on the handle depict three stylized figures. The topmost seated figure wears a hat with several "potlatch rings." Further Remarks: Collected by J.G. Swan.
- Gifts of the Spirit: Works by Nineteenth-Century & Contemporary Native American Artists, Peabody Essex Museum, Salem, MA.; November 14, 1996 through May 18, 1997