- Plains artist
- Necklace, mid-late 19th century
- Leather, dew claw, bear claw
- Great Plains, United States
- L: 33 1/4 in (L: 84.5 cm)
- Gift of Mr. M. F. Savage, 1888
This is a necklace made of rawhide and composed of eagle talons, grizzly bear claws, and dew claws from a deer. There is a circular pendant attached with dew claws. Some of the dew claws are carved.
- Gifts of the Spirit: Works by Nineteenth-Century & Contemporary Native American Artists, Peabody Essex Museum, Salem, MA.; November 14, 1996 through May 18, 1997