- Akimel O'odham (Pima) and Maricopa artist
- Baby carrier, before 1884
- Wood, corn husk
- Southwestern United States
- H: 42 in, W: 12 in, D: 3 in (H: 106.7 cm, W: 30.5 cm, D: 7.6 cm)
- Gift of the Smithsonian Institution, 1884
This is a cradleboard baby carrier with a bent wooden frame held in the shape of a horseshoe by seven lashed cross bars. There are two thick bundles of husks or bark, braided tight at the curve and at the top and hanging loose below, lashed to the front of the baby carrier. A curved double braided pad is attached to the top.