- Sioux artist
- Pair of moccasins, 19th century
- Leather, quill, glass, cotton
- Great Plains, United States
- H: 3 1/2 in, D: 9 1/4 in, W: 3 7/8 in (H: 8.9 cm, D: 23.5 cm)
- Gift of Mr. William H. Claflin, 1964
This pair of leather moccasins have a glass bead design around the edge in yellow, blue, green and red, with red porcupine quills sewn in lines across the foot and up the heel. At the end of the tongue there is a quill wrapped length of leather ending in a row of tin tassels with dyed red horse hair. The top edge of the cuff is trimmed with red print cloth.